2010 Production Numbers - Camaro surpasses Mustang!

News and Discussions about the 5th Generation Camaro

2010 Production Numbers - Camaro surpasses Mustang!

Postby karlz28 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:44 pm

June production numbers for the 2010 Camaro were released .....and things look great!
June Production: 9,456
Total Production: 24,171

June delivered Camaros 9,320
April - June Deliveries 15,397

June 09 Camaro Sales 9,320
June 09 Mustang Sales 7,632
June 09 Challenger Sales 1,369
Karl Scheffy
68 Rally Green Convertible
02 Sunset Orange Metallic Z/28
karlz28

Re: 2010 Production Numbers - Camaro surpasses Mustang!

Postby karlz28 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:12 pm

Camaro does it again! The Camaro has surpassed Mustang sales numbers for the month of July 2009. Camaros units totaled 7,113 compared to 6,686 units for the Ford Mustang. Lets hope the numbers hold - AND CLIMB!
Karl Scheffy
karlz28

Postby karlz28 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:30 pm

Camaro has now outsold Mustang every month since it's release.
Here is the latest:
November Camaro Production: 10,630
Total Camaro Production thru November 73,820

November Camaro Deliveries 6,687
Total Camaro Deliveries 54,100

Mustang sold 3,627 units in November - Challenger sold 2,040
Karl Scheffy
karlz28

Postby karlz28 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:35 pm

It was four years ago today...........

.......at the North American International Autoshow in Detroit --

-- That Chevrolet unveiled the Camaro Concept to the world.

Many of our fellow Camaro/Firebird Enthusiasts were invited to Detroit to be a part of the unveiling -- and as they can tell you, the Camaro Concept stole the show.

I'll never forget watching the faces of so many as the Silver Concept made its way out onto the stage - and then down the aisle -- surrounded by thousands of cheering men and women......

I'll never forget watching a few Chrysler Executives walking over to the Camaro -- and one saying -- (very simply) "Ouch...."

It was a great day to be a Camaro guy or gal.......and my email inbox filled very quickly with comments.

And nearly every message was the same: "BUILD IT!"

followed by "...and it had BETTER look like the concept!!! Don't you DARE screw it up!!!!"

I know January 9th, 2006 was be a day I never forget --

Eight months later, in August of 2006, we announced (in front of Camaro/Firebird Enthusiasts at the General Motors Technical Center) that we had just 'green-lighted' the Camaro - and that it would go into production in the 2010 model year.

We started work in earnest in September of that year --

Fast forward to today, January 9, 2010 -- and our dreams have been realized.

I'm sitting in the Chevy Exhibit as workers frantically rush around getting ready for NAIAS 2010 -- and I'm looking at some Camaros on the floor -- and I still have "Perma-Grin"................

For the seventh month in a row, the new Camaro has outsold Mustang and Challenger combined........

.........and while I want to recognize the date, January 9, 2006 -------

..........I guess I REALLY want to say 'Thank You' --once again (and I can never do it enough) -- for "Keepin' the Faith" --

It would have been very easy for many of you to simply "abandon ship" --

But you didn't.........

Yes, Camaro went on 'Hiatus'...........

-- and when it did, a peculiar thing happened:

Camaro Enthusiast Events continued to be held -- (and many of you put thousands of hours into bringing us memorable times together....) -- and attendance increased!

-- and Websites continued to support us -- (...and I must thank Jason Debler and Chris Frezza for 15 years of hard work in bringing us CamaroZ28.com) -- (...and Jason Ory and his group for a decade of hard work at Z28.com) -- and then there are the hundreds of other Camaro and Camaro/Firebird sites...........

And of course, your letters and emails continued to flood into GM Headquarters -- making it clear that we MUST build a 5th gen.........

Does every Camaro enthusiast love the new Camaro? .....no, I'm afraid not -- but those that don't are in the minority. Frankly, no matter what design we would have chosen, we know that not everyone's gonna love what they see.

But what DOES let me know that the new Camaro hit it's mark is simply this: When you drive the new Camaro, the public treats it like a Rock Star - nearly a YEAR after they hit the road -- and 4 years since the Concept was unveiled.

-- and then there are the emails and notes we continue to receive from those who have just taken delivery of a new Camaro........telling us how much they love their new Camaro........and how many of them have become so emotionally attached to their new Camaro..............

In fact, the new Camaro has spurred a whole host of "New" Camaro sites - "moderncamaro.com" "5thgen.org" and "camaro5.com" to name just to name a few......bringing us a whole 'new' set of Camaro enthusiasts............

So...........on behalf of "Team Camaro" --

..........Thank You -- Thank You -- Thank You --

.................for all you've done for this Legendary Brand...........

........and know that "We aren't done yet!" -- there is much more to come.....................

Now - -go hug your Camaro

Scott Settlemire
karlz28

Postby karlz28 on Thu May 06, 2010 7:31 pm

March numbers are in.....guess what....Camaro outsold Mustang (and Challanger) again - 10 STRAIGHT MONTHS! Not only that; but March was the best selling month since the launch of the CAR!!!! 8,904 UNITS!
Karl Scheffy
karlz28

Return to 5th Generation Camaro